Ceitidh's Reviews > Enchanted

Jul 06, 14

bookshelves: young-adult, 2012, received-won, favorites
Read from May 19 to 21, 2012

Read more of my reviews at Dazzling Reads

"My name is Sunday Woodcutter, and I am doomed to a happy life." (Enchanted, Kontis, 2012, p.1)

Now, Readers are "Doomed" to a Happy Reading ❤

Books like Enchanted are the reason why I started my blog. This book is such a Dazzling Read that I NEED to tell everyone about it. Enchanted is a magical and wondrous story that will make readers forget about reality and transport them far away to a fascinating kingdom and to experience one of the most beautiful and spellbinding stories of the year!

I love this book so much! It is difficult to express how wonderful Enchanted is. From the moment I turned to the first page Kontis' beautiful writing immediately captivated me. Many times I found myself marveled by it and re-reading passages during the course of story just for pleasure of savoring the words again. Yes, it is that beautiful!

Enchanted is a faery tale that I will forever treasure on my shelf. Kontis did such a masterful job retelling and enhancing a classic tale that, I am sure, will take readers' breath away. Oh! and I must mention that It is the first time I meet such a nice frog! (not that I have ever talked to one) but I would have fallen in love with it myself if I had! Believe me, my favorite moments of the story were those times that Sunday (the lovely and innocent heroine) met Grumble (the froggy and charming prince) at the well. The exquisite dialogues made me smile, laugh, and sympathize with the characters. I loved them from the very first moment.

The name of the book itself says so much more than just a reminder of the wondrous classic faery tale. In fact, This story is highly enchanting from beginning to end, though not only because of the enchanted prince in waiting for a kiss, but for the delightful characters that vividly stand out of the pages and the amazing plot that consumed me until I reached the happily ever after.

Enchanted by Alethea Kontis is a beautiful story that everyone should read. This is a tale that will make you feel like a child again. It will make you believe for 305 pages that rainbows' pot of gold and leprechauns are real, That spells, faeries and magic beans are real, and that maybe somewhere an enchanted prince is waiting for you in a well.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enchanted.

05/19/2012 page 6
2.0% "Whoaaaaaa! Im only on page 6 and Im already in love with the writing of this book! marvelous!! <3 <3 <3"
05/19/2012 page 9
3.0% "KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!!!!"
05/19/2012 page 76
25.0% "Wondrous!! =9"
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea I want to read that so bad! haha