Whitney's Reviews > Firelight

Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: own, actually-pretty-good, okay-heroines, that-ending-omg, neat-plot, all-time-faves, kickass-heroes
Read from January 05 to 07, 2012

Dragons. Finally.

I really enjoyed this book. Like...a lot. I was hoping to find/read a YA book that's about dragons. Or in this book's case, draki. Definitely a whole new original unique story. It caught my attention from the first chapter; that's what I like. ;)

The scenery in this has been definitely used in other books. School, then woods. So it wasn't much to call amazing. But it was totally cool, considering it was dealing with dragons descendants. :3

There's only a few characters in this are easy to like for me. As in Jacinda, Will, Catherine, and Cassian. I didn't like Tamra, the mom, Brooklyn, Xander, and Angus. Tamra was waaaaaay too whiny, it seemed like she only thought about herself. (But I kinda feel sorry for her. o.O) And I didn't like Jacinda's and Tamra's mom, just in general. But I understand why she's like that. Protection, safety, yadda yadda. =.= Xander can just go rot in a hole infested with draki. Angus too.

I really liked Will. <3 He was just so cute and adorable.~ He was totally easy to like. :3 But then there's Cassian. It's my nature to fall for the underdog. >w< He really did seem like he wanted to love Jacinda more than the pride wanted them to mate. It was frustrating, totally. But Cassian is a big hunk of male that seemed swoon worthy. :D
[image error]

I seriously need the next book. Like. Now. ._. I knew I should've gotten it when I got then first. <_<

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firelight.

Quotes Whitney Liked

Sophie Jordan
“I stare into his eyes, I shake my head, sorry for the chance we lost. The chance we maybe never had. But not for saving him. I would do that again, no matter the cost.”

Sophie Jordan
“After running for my life from hunters, a girl with too much lip gloss doesn't register on my fear radar.”

Sophie Jordan
“What good is safety if you're dead inside?”

Sophie Jordan
“A hunter in love with his prey.”

Sophie Jordan
“He turns slightly... and smiles. Just a small smile, but lovely. Sexy.”

Sophie Jordan
“Ironic, huh? To keep that part of me alive, I have to be close to that which kills it.”

Sophie Jordan
“I respond, thoughts dropping away, like pebbles plopping one by one in water, sinking down, down into dark oblivion.”

Sophie Jordan
“The water is still and smooth. Polished glass. Not a ripple of wind disturbs the dark surface. Low-rising mist drifts off liquid mountains floating against a purple-bruised sky. An eager breath shudders past my lips. Soon the sun will break.”

Sophie Jordan
“The one voice I would hear even in death. A rotting corpse in the ground, I would sit up and take notice.”

01/05/2012 page 1
0.0% "I hope this is as good as everyone makes it out to be.~"
01/07/2012 page 352
100.0% "I reeeeeeeally liked this book. <3"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kass  -Fallen Angel- How was the book?!

Whitney It was fantastic! :)

Kass  -Fallen Angel- Awesomee Im gunna read it for sure

Annie Brewer I want to read this too! Great review!

Whitney Annie wrote: "I want to read this too! Great review!"

It's awesome! And thanks. :)