rameau's Reviews > Clear Water

Clear Water by Amy Lane

Apr 06, 12

bookshelves: arc-galley, genre-lgbtqia, genre-romance, read-in-2011, genre-contemporary, language-english-original
Read from September 23 to 24, 2011

I'm smitten. I'm besotted. I'm gaga... No wait, that's not a compliment coming from me. I'm head over heels in love with this story. And therefore I'm unable to argument myself properly.

Where can I find myself a Patrick? Or a Whiskey? Or both? Let's just ignore the fact that neither of them would be terribly interested in me, maybe Whiskey would spare a glance, but I really do wish I'll be able to find myself as perfect match as these two are to each other.

This is a case of where opposites attract and, better yet, complement each other. Whiskey's patience and experience balances Patrick's vibrancy just as only Patrick can lure Whiskey out of his jaded shell of professionalism.

And Fly Bait, she was the buffer, she was the friend, and she had the decency to remove herself before becoming (view spoiler). There should be more people like her in the academia.

Then there's the plot that facilitates this beautiful romance and that too was well written, researched (from what I could tell), and highly entertaining. And slightly nerve-racking at times.

Clear Water is such a good read that I can't understand why you haven't read it already? You have? Well, read it again.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clear Water.

message 1: by Anachronist (new) - added it

Anachronist Wow...smitten, besotted, gaga? Your review left me speechless. Is it possible a m/m romance can be that good?

rameau Anachronist wrote: "Wow...smitten, besotted, gaga? Your review left me speechless. Is it possible a m/m romance can be that good?"

It's subjective but yes, I think it can be.

message 3: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Well, I think that might be the first time I've seen this kind of review from you. I think I might need to add this book to my very long list of TBRs. Thanks so much. ;)

rameau Sandra (TwilightMomofTwo) wrote: "Well, I think that might be the first time I've seen this kind of review from you. I think I might need to add this book to my very long list of TBRs. Thanks so much. ;)"

You're welcome. I think I wrote it right after I finished reading it. It was the good book high that facilitated the review, but the feeling didn't linger long enough to justify the fifth star. Although, I was torn at the time.

rameau I know this is old, but... ugh... bad behaviour is bad.

message 6: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra oh dear. What are these people drinking?

rameau Sandra wrote: "oh dear. What are these people drinking?"

Something ego stroking?

message 8: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra And I really wanted to read this book. Damn!!!

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) Haha, I'm looking at my feed and it's all Amy Lane "not for me" and then four stars THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!

I was like, abuh? Too bad, since I look for good M/M.

I'm so sick of these authors.

rameau Alicia wrote: "Haha, I'm looking at my feed and it's all Amy Lane "not for me" and then four stars THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!

I was like, abuh? Too bad, since I look for good M/M.

I'm so sick of these authors."

I'm not at the point of hate where I change the review and rating for something I read before I found out about the atrocious behaviour from years back. If Amy Lane keeps up advocating for pulled to publish practice my attitude may change.