Julie Witt's Reviews > Franklin Goes to School

Franklin Goes to School by Paulette Bourgeois

Sep 08, 11

bookshelves: kids-books
Read on September 01, 2011, read count: six

I got this book free of charge from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.

First I have to say it: I love Franklin books!! I have been reading them to my kids for approximately 20 years, and they are just as good today as they were back then!

I got this book on my Kindle, which I was afraid would affect the enjoyment my 5 year old son would get because I was afraid the illustrations wouldn't show up well. Although they weren't as vibrant as the paper version of the book would be, they were clear and my son was able to see them and enjoy them.

This book was about Franklin's first day of school, and all of the fears and nervousness that go along with it. The book started out with the morning of that day, went through getting on the bus and going to school, and then concluded with Franklin coming home from school and telling his parents how it went. My son is 5 years old and although I am homeschooling him, he still really enjoyed the book. In fact, I have already read it 6 times, and I foresee reading it a lot more in the future!! Even though he is not getting on a school bus like Franklin, he is still nervous about his first day, and this story made him feel better about it. I have told him how he will be going on field trips with other homeschooled kids, and this book addresses the fear of meeting new people and being afraid you will not feel comfortable with it.

All in all, the true judge of what rating I will give this book is my son, and because he absolutely loved it, I am definitely giving it a full 5 stars :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Franklin Goes to School.