Katie's Reviews > The Black Stiletto: The First Diary--1958

The Black Stiletto by Raymond Benson

Sep 12, 11

bookshelves: gratis
Read from September 08 to 10, 2011

I received this from the author, autographed and hardcover (thank you!!!).
I actually really like the book and the premise behind it. The idea that this old lady, riddled with Alzheimer's could be someone as notorious as the Black Stiletto...WOW! I love the way this book was written and typically I don't like the switching back and forth between past and present but in this case, it still flowed well.

The ONLY thing I couldn't get past, that in my opinion, is a little far fetched is the fact that when I write a journal entry, I don't quote people...so I have a hard time believing that a journal would be written this way as to incorporate quotations from a couple years prior. My memory is not that good.

I also hated that the author doesn't get into what ever came of the son's father. Who was he? I hope that there is a second part of this with more action as well as a little more backstory. I also didn't like the way the main character lost his job--I feel like it was rushed through and didn't become a part of the story/explanation, as I feel the author had intended it to be!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Stiletto.