Mary's Reviews > The Villa

The Villa by Nora Roberts

Apr 22, 15

bookshelves: nora-roberts, mystery-thriller-suspense, winery
Read from January 28 to February 06, 2012

This books came handy to me at this time of the year. Mendoza is know for being one the largest wine producer and exported province in Argentina and right now is grape harvest time so I know a lot of the process, most of us know since we are told about it thourght our entire school years, it's part of our culture; so I felt connected to the books settins and as a plus I learn a lot of harvest vocabulary in english whitch I didn't know of.

I instantly felt connected with Sophia Giambelli, an only child whose father, if you can call him that, never cared about his own daughter and neglected her her entire life. That is a subject I know way too well of it, since that's exactly my situation. Of course I have no complaint toward Tyler MacMillan, the hunk next door who happens to be all what Sophie needs. I like how the book is divided into four parts (Pruning, Growing, Blooming and Fruit) all important parts of the crop and as it said in the book a cicle, like in life. It's a good metaphor.

My choice for 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the ending, I don't want to spoil it but I'm a little by sided about the whole covert up thing in the last chapter but still it's a really enjoyable book, a fine reading full of charming and complicated characters like only Nora Roberts can create.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Villa.

Quotes Mary Liked

Nora Roberts
“Stop
thinking of yourself as a reflection of what a man saw in you, andbe. I asked you if it bothered you that
people will talk. I wish you'd said the hell with people. Let them talk. It's time you gave them something
to talk about.”
Nora Roberts, The Villa

01/30/2012 page 25
02/02/2012 page 150
36.0% "I love it, so far. Being neglected by your own father is the history of my life, so Sophia has my entire sympathy and understanding." 2 comments
show 6 hidden updates…

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Excellent choice...One of my favorites of hers, I just picked it up and reread it recently. I still loved every minute of it.

Talya I know what you mean Mary. It was so amazing, then the last few pages and the shocking twist and cover up kinda make you go, "What the Heck?!!".

Mary Talya wrote: "I know what you mean Mary. It was so amazing, then the last few pages and the shocking twist and cover up kinda make you go, "What the Heck?!!"."

I know, I didn't expect it. It's not how I imagine it would end but I like the book in general. It has nice characters and I would personaly like to see Maddy as a heroine in her own book, that would be cool!!!

Talya That would be cool! Maddy was such a smart sensible teenage girl, great character. Nora really nailed that one, it took me back to when I was a teen - ugly doc marten shoes, black clothes, sulky, the whole deal.