Nomes's Reviews > All-American Girl

All-American Girl by Meg Cabot
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All-American Girl.

Steph Su Mmm, yes. Back when she was really, really, really good.

Nomes It was really good :) she's funny and compulsively readable in this.

i want to try out Teen Idol by Meg Cabot as well ~ have heard the best things about it.

she is such a prolific writer, it's insane. i haven't read much of her later work, and none of her non contemporary titles.

oliviasbooks These two are my favorites by her (plus the Mediator books).

Nomes oh good to know. i should try out the mediator ones. wish my library had them :/

i have read lots of the princess diaries (but grew a bit weary of mia about half way through the series). they are the only books my lib has of hers... have to track these other ones down as they really are fun, good times. i ma often in the mood for a read such as this one :)

Steph Su Nomes, you should totally read the Mediator series. Pure fun, with great characters (Jesse zomgzomgzomgzomg).

I believe they now come in 2-book omnibuses. You might be able to get it for a reasonable price via Book Depository...?

Nomes LOL @ your fangirling. I am totally sold. I am off right now to investigate ... ;)

oliviasbooks Am am fangirling with Steph: You will like Jesse de Silva. He fulfills your requirements for swoonworthy guys and is among my top ten favorite love-interests.

Nomes oh i am psyched. i found books 2 - 5 on ebay really cheap ($3 a book, including postage). so just going to hunt down #1 (i dont normally buy a series wothou having read them, haha. well, never have, but it's a cheaper deal than buying one, getting all 4 :)

is there only 5 books all up?

message 9: by oliviasbooks (last edited Sep 08, 2011 04:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

oliviasbooks 6 alltogether.

oliviasbooks I love volume 5 best.

oliviasbooks And have a look: All volumes are available as at least two different titles. It's confusing.

Steph Su 5 is definitely the best! :) I'm glad we all agree on that, as well as All-American Girl and Teen Idol being two of her bests.

Aly (Fantasy4eva) Did someone just say the mediator series?! LOVEEEE! I practically grew up with that series. The thing is I adored it, not only did I swoon over Jesse but the MC was actually very badass. This was some years back so it left quite the impression. Not sure how I would find it now, but I can still imagine it being a fun read. Hope you get the chance to read it nomes ;) Oh and I have tried a few books of the author since and none of them have worked out for me.

message 14: by Janina (last edited Sep 08, 2011 05:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Janina I really liked All-American Girl back when I read it, as well as the beginning of The Princess Diaries series (which, by the way, is a mess here on GR concerning foreign language editions ... it took me more than half an hour to actually add the ones I've read to my shelves in correct order).

I have only read the first of the Mediator series and it was lots of fun. I bought the 5/6 omnibus a while back and have since then been waiting for a good deal on the 1/2 and 3/4 ones, lol. I have a copy of book one in very, very bad condition (like, really bad). I can't even bear to look at it ;). Otherwise I would offer sending it to you, Nomes.

Gosh, my brain is mush. I think I had to edit this comment four times before it was spelling-error free.

message 15: by Nomes (last edited Sep 08, 2011 04:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nomes oh, this is awesome all you guys getting nostalgic about it :)

@ Janina ~ thanks ~ I think the lovely Nic is going to loan me hers (and she's in the same country ;) also, foreign editoins are so tricky. i know even in Australia, we have about 4 different editoins of all the princess diary books (publishers always releasing new ones) it's complicated

x Nomes