Karina Macias's Reviews > Black and White

Black and White by David Macaulay

Sep 07, 11

Black and White by David Macaulay is definitely interesting. I read it with my younger sister and we both were a little confused as we read it aloud. There are four mini stories on each page that later you find connect with one another. It's a good concept, but I don't think it was well done. Having some of the pictures connect with each other helps a little but other than that, I was confused for half the story. Maybe I was so confused because I expected the book to be about something that is black and white, but the story had nothing to do with its title, only that a newspaper is black and white.

Within the book, there are three different style of illustrations. two of the styles are almost cartoon-like, another one is more dull and everything is an orange color, the last uses dark colors and looks like it is painted but then later in the story it turns into just bold words.

Overall, the story was just a mess and it was so random. I think the story was a good idea in theory but when it was put together it just failed.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black and White.