Lily's Reviews > Frost

Frost by Wendy Delsol

Sep 07, 11

After the drama of finding out that she’s a Stork, a member of an ancient and mystical order of women, and that her boyfriend, Jack, is a descendent of the Winter People able to control the weather, Katla Leblanc is delighted when all signs point to a busy and peaceful Christmas. That is, until the snowstorm Jack summons as a gift to Katla turns into the storm of the century, attracting Brigid, a gorgeous scientist who, in turn, attracts Jack. Between the school play, a bedridden, pregnant mother’s to-do lists, and keeping an eye on her aging grandfather, Katla doesn’t have time to question Brigid’s motives or deal with Jack’s increasingly cold behavior. But Katla’s suspicions mount when Jack joins Brigid on a research expedition to Greenland, and when the two of them go missing, it becomes clear that Katla is the only one who can save her beloved Jack from the Snow Queen who holds him prisoner. Adventure, romance, and myth combine in this winter escapade for teens who like a bit of fire with their ice. (Synopsis provided by goodreads)

I was looking forward to this book as I enjoyed book one a lot. I found this book to be good, but also there was a sliver of disappointment to it. I wanted to know a lot more about Katla and her abilities, but this book focuses more on Jack and the love triangle. I will still read book 3 and I hope to learn more.

I found the character development to be good and I loved the realationship between Katla and Jack. We do still learn new things in this book and I do believe this book is going to be very important in the whole series.

The writing is still stellar and the dialog is beautiful. I would still recommend this book to everyone and if you haven't read Stork, what are you waiting for you need to pick it up and read it!

Publisher: Candlewick (October 11, 2011)
Author: Wendy Delsol
Cover Art: Simply beautiful.
Overall rating: **** out of 5 stars
Obtained: Sent from Candlewick press for review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frost.