Melissa's Reviews > The Other Countess

The Other Countess by Eve Edwards

Sep 10, 11

bookshelves: clean-romances, bad-content
Read in September, 2011

The only thing young adult about this book is that the girl is 16. The book reads like a very calm adult historical romance. There was some interesting history about the time period and the way they dressed and the politics at the time, but I wouldn't say it was heavy on the history side. The whole story revolves around this young girl and the trails of her life. I guess this will be a whole family saga and some of the other minor characters got wayyyy too much time in the book, will be used in other novels. There was a maid we were told a lot about and she had very little to do with our main characters and I didn't like her at all. Every time the story shifted to her I cringed. The story over all was sweet and interesting to read and well written. I had problems with the sexual innuendo's and lued comments by the minor characters. No one had morals but our main character and it got old hearing how everyone was sleeping with everyone. There were no sex scene witch was a plus, unfortunately I don't think I will be reading the other novels in the series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Other Countess.