Trudy's Reviews > Sweeping Up Glass

Sweeping Up Glass by Carolyn Wall

Sep 10, 2011

liked it
Read from September 07 to 10, 2011

SPOILERS! Well, the first half of this book was so good. The writing was beautiful and character development was great. However, after that the story lost some of its'appeal for me. I found myself struggling to get past certain tragic events which did not seem to make sense to me. For example what happened to the relationship between Octavia and Wing. I understand his grief and her feelings of rejection, but this was just not a good flow for me. Also, the jump from Ida being young to old was just too fast. My mind had a hard time adjusting to the fact that this young, flouncy, self centered woman was quickly transformed into a feeble (in mind and body)hermit. It seemed like in one chapter she loved beautiful dresses and in the next she didn't take baths. The part about the klan was difficult for me to read, however I don't get get how Tate's notes really broke the case and wrapped everything up. So, in all, I gave the book 3 starts because I admire beautiful writing and the story definitely kept me reading because I needed to find out what would happen next.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweeping Up Glass.