Aleisha Z Coleman's Reviews > Ripley Under Ground

Ripley Under Ground by Patricia Highsmith

Sep 07, 2011

Recommended to Aleisha Z by: movies and krista
Recommended for: people who like this genre
Read on September 07, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: once

When FYE went out of business I bought the first three Ripley books for a GREAT deal. I pushed myself a little to finish the first "The Talented Mr. Ripley"--my full review is on my book list--but, needless to say it wasn't my favorite story or wrting style. My friend Krista suggested to keep going with the series and I would really appreciate the character and the writing. I believe her because Krista is 1) a prolific reader and 2) has a fabulous track rcord of recommending books I LOVE! (She introduced me to one of my top three books of all time "The Scold's Bridle" by Minette Walters.)

At any rate after reading the haviness that was "origin of species", I needed a well written serial killer, murder mystery type story. I decided to give this character another chance. Well, let's just say I am not sorry...I realized the writing is top notch, the character as base and vile as any serial killer out there (although not as lovable as Dexter) and yet human in his own way. Highsmith has hooked me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ripley Under Ground.