An Odd1's Reviews > Wicked Appetite

Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich

Mar 04, 12

Read in March, 2012

"Wicked Appetite" by Janet Evanovich is Diesel #1, spinoff from Stephanie Plum series, x-rated for obsession with naked body parts. Named for his powerful engine persona, I liked the overflow hot guy, big blue-eyed blondish scruffy beach-bum look. He doesn't do the magic appear-disappear here, but still "smelled like fresh-baked Christmas cookies, looked good enough to eat, and bad enough to ruin my life" p51 says Salem cupcake baker, Lizzy Tucker. They drive around following clues amid amusing phrases: bullock nose hairs, rabbit gonads, rotted monkey brain, pickled toes, troll phlegm, candied earthworm, chewey snot gobbers p69 (jimmies are chocolate sprinkles).Entertaining eccentrics go nowhere. Arbitrary monkey and ankle-biters thrown in for diaper contents, vomit, gas, tossed food, stinky car destruction.
Lizzy's Unmentionable abilities include sensing power in objects, to find four charms inherited by the More siblings, that will lead to Gluttony, the first Stone of seven representing the deadly sins (in Latin SALIGIA). His suave pale black-haired cousin Gerwulf "Wulf" Grimoire enlists Medieval-obsessed also sensitive pudgy Steven Hatchet, who thinks kidnap (spoiler climax?)shows intitiative to his murder-capable Lord.
Bakery gal pal petite Glo accidentally bespells heir Shirley into gobble speak. This is less funny for those of us who have been in close extended contact with stroke victims who can only say one word, repeatedly. One nurse's theory was the patient repeated whatever word their normal vocabulary said most. From Mr "OkayOkay" to Mrs "Damn" to The Singer, my experience re-inforces that possibility. In all, I smiled sometimes, maybe not enough to try sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Appetite.

02/18/2012
100.0% "Humor forced: monkey, ankle-biters, diapers, vomit. Potential for funny."