Natalia's Reviews > The Year of the Flood

The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood

Mar 20, 12

Read from February 24 to March 08, 2012

I found this book to be quite interesting, if a little frightening and I say this because the things that happened within this story (which also ties in with Oryx and Crake, also an excellent book), could possibly happen to our planet and all the living things on it if it hasn't already. This will make you pause and look around you as you ask yourself, 'What happens if this really does occur?'.
As for the characters, I found that I could identify with them and their actions. Although some were a little on the extreme side, they were things that had to be done in order to continue on as they could. In the end, you were rooting for them to find what they were looking for and holding your breath as they came upon it.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book. However, I would recommend reading Oryx and Crake first so as to get a little more understanding of certain characters and their actions that are shown in this book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year of the Flood.

03/01/2012 page 169