Melanie Fair's Reviews > The Adoration of Jenna Fox

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

Sep 30, 11

bookshelves: books-i-want-to-make-a-movie-for
Read from September 22 to 30, 2011

This would've been a wonderful movie ...why did I get to the ending...?
"The Adoration of Jenna Fox" was a tolerable read; I was just intrigued enough and not annoyed enough to stop, so kudos to Ms. Pearson. I'm usually not a big science fiction reader, so this might add to my bias. Also, Lilly is kick-***.
Knowing something's up and morals were shoved down the reader's throat at every turn. Jenna and her parents fight and make up quicker than a couple who both have a split-personality disorder. I couldn't decide whether I liked Jenna or not; due to her amnesia it wouldn't be fair to call her a Mary Sue. Romance was slipped in, and some semblance of a friend and a love triangle thing-y (Dane would've been sooooo interesting but Ms. Pearson didn't give him much screen time). The ending wasn't satisfying at all and for god's sake, don't do an epilogue just to make things hunky-dory!
I think the nail-in-the-coffin was the interview after the audio cds. I just...it sounded like one of those women who write a book for therapy reasons and for some reason become famous. I didn't get the whole "I'm a writer, I live and breathe writing, this is my passion" vibe, and so it was hard for me to connect with her. It did explain her mediocre writing, though.
This would be an excellent movie if done properly. Like "Never Let Me Go" with memory loss.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Adoration of Jenna Fox.

09/22/2011 page 1
17.0% "Not sure where this is going, but you've got my attention." 7 comments
09/26/2011 page 3
50.0% "Almost halfway done. As usual, Lynn and I's opinions are as different as our appearances :P My guess is Jenna's a clone :0" 1 comment
09/27/2011 page 4
67.0% "Wrong about the clone, go figure"
09/28/2011 page 5
83.0% "I'm really curious to the element that keeps me tied to this book...because books so vague usually turn me off"
show 1 hidden update…