Molly's Reviews > Brutal

Sep 08, 11

Recommended to Molly by: Joel M. Andre
Recommended for: EVERYONE!
Read in September, 2011

So, this won't be a long review. But it will be a review that will praise this author like crazy and recommend this short story with a high rating!

I was asked by this awesometastic author to review this in honor of his newest short story release, Brutal 2. I was all for it, of course, because, after all, I fell in love with his work when I read his horror thrillers Cry Of The Fallen and A Death At the North Pole. I didn't know what to expect with this one, though, for it was just 14 pages long. But, I was super happy with the outcome, that's for sure!

In just a few short pages, Joel takes brutality to a whole new level. Charley Walker is out to seek revenge for his father's death. After all, it killed his mother, too. So, he starts with 3 innocent women......all connected to his fathers death.

I could literally feel myself transforming into Charley Walker. I felt his vengeance. I felt his anger and pain. But, I was also the 3 women. Every fear, every scream, became mine. I can't believe how real the horror felt to me! The brutality with which Charley Walker put forth was absolutely, gruesomely, amazing.

Well, so much for a short review! But, I couldn't help myself. This was AWESOME. I highly, highly recommend this story to everyone who loves a good combination of thrilling horror, gruesome scenes and spine tingling fear. I'll be careful who I talk to on the street after this 5 Book worthy story, that's for sure! FAN-AWESOME-TABULOUS WORK, JOEL!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brutal.