Sonia's Reviews > Mistress by Mistake

2073169
Sep 07, 11

bookshelves: 1800s, england, historical, romance, series, mistress, book-1
Read in September, 2011

I have to say that I loved this book. It was such an enjoyable read and I felt that Charlotte and Bay were perfect for each other. I was a little skeptical at first because it was one of those stories where one sister is exchanged for the other and I usually hate those stories because it makes them seem replaceable. But here, Bay has not even had a chance to start a serious relationship with Deborah whom he was only paying for her position as his mistress. But Charlotte is not there as his mistress, in fact they are both a little confused as to what they are to each other. There was a nice chemistry between both characters and their witty conversations were a delight to read. I will say that the appearance of a possibly mentally unstable ex-wife was unnecessary to the story line, especially because the solution to this problem I feel was not resolved adequately at the end. Overall it was an amusing read and I am looking forward to the next books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistress by Mistake.