Sara's Reviews > Dust & Decay

Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry

Mar 31, 13

bookshelves: 100-in-2012, favorites
Read from June 03 to 04, 2012

And again, we know I’m a crazy Jonathan Maberry fan. So, I’ll spare you the histrionics. This is book #2 in the Benny Imura series. It’s six months after Benny tumbled Charlie Pink-eye off the edge of a mountain. He and Nix have settled into a relationship, which, while not perfect, works pretty well for them. Benny even has a pretty good relationship with his brother Tom.

Tom, Benny, Lilah, and Nix are getting ready to head off into the rot and ruin in search of the plane they all saw right before the big battle. Lots of people in town don’t want them to go. They see it as Tom’s duty to defend them, but they don’t do anything about defending themselves. There are also tensions within the group since Morgie and Chong won’t be going with them. Tom offers Chong a slight reprieve. He can come with them for two nights, to have some extra time to say goodbye. Then Tom will have some friends bring him back to town.

Then things start going wrong. Very, very wrong. New forces are moving in the great rot and ruin. Someone new has stepped in to fill the shoes left by Charlie Pink-eye. Rumors are floating around that Gameland has reopened. And Tom is leading the kids straight through all of that. Benny thought that he had seen the darkest times of his life. He thought that nothing could be worse than facing down Charlie and the Motor City Hammer, or dealing with the zoms he’d already faced. He had no idea how much worse it could get.

Book 3 doesn’t come out until September. Which is making me crazy. On the bright side, it does come out on my birthday! On the downside, it comes out after DragonCon so I’ll have to wait until next year to get it signed. Le sigh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dust & Decay.

06/03/2012 page 215