Kathy's Reviews > Trail of the Spellmans

Trail of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz

Sep 07, 2011

Read in March, 2012

I really get into these books. In fact, I came back to work late from lunch because I felt compelled to finish this one today. The characters are so effing crazy that I don't think I'd want to know them in real life but they sure are entertaining in a novel.

Izzy and the Spellmans are involved in their usual entertaining PI jobs while also busy investigating each other. Izzy's Mom has taken up a bunch of hobbies. Rae is slacking off from the family business. David has become a slobby stay at home Dad who's obsessed with his daughter. And, poor Henry is waiting for Izzy to respond to his marriage proposal. Add in Grammy Spellman and Harry's Mom and the return of Bernie and there are a lot of colorful characters in this book.

I like to see character and story progression in series (which I mention a lot as a hint to Janet Evanovich) and Lutz manages to do so. While I wish Izzy would "grow up" even more, she makes some good progress in this story as does Rae.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trail of the Spellmans.