AnnaBanana's Reviews > Savage Awakening

Savage Awakening by J.D. Tyler

Mar 27, 14

bookshelves: ebooks-i-own, fae, favorites, paranormal, shifters, witches
Read from April 03 to 04, 2012

I love this series and I really loved this book! I read the first book right after it released and it quickly became one of my favorites so when this one released, I had to read it asap. Both the first book and this one are packed full of action, humor, love and pain. I love her characters, they're always very entertaining. I found myself laughing many time throughout this book.

Aric is now a favorite for me, I absolutely LOVE him! I'm a Texas girl, born and raised, so it's only natural that the sexy Texan caught my attention. He's very much an alpha male, which I love, but he can be so sweet too, which I also love, and it was so painful to see him hurt so bad inside. I just wanted jump into the book and give him a big hug! As far as heroines go, Rowen was such a great one. Strong, independent, witty, intelligent but also has common sense. She never did anything really stupid like some usually do. She was pretty much what you see is what you get and let me tell you, what you get is hilarious. Some of the things she said had me rolling on the floor laughing so hard. And together, oh man, they were smokin hot! The chemistry between them was perfect. It just all flowed very well.

I'm still a huge fan of Sariel, I can not wait to read his story. The woman who gets him will be such a lucky one!!! It was so nice to learn more about him in this book but I still have so many questions. Kalen is another fave and after reading the recently released novella, Black Magic, I'm dying to know what happens between him and Mac. That's sure to make a good read!
There were a few things that annoyed me. For a first time reader of this series, this book would be pretty confusing to them. Since I've read the first book and the novella, I knew what she was talking about but she doesn't really go into great detail about a lot of important events and such that happened in the previous books and you kinda have to know that stuff to follow this book. Another thing was the book seemed kinda rushed. Like she was trying to cram a 500 page book into 300 pages, or however many there are. It wasn't bad, I just wish it had flowed a little better.

All in all though, this book was very entertaining and I recommend this book to anyone who loves paranormal romance. I very much look forward to the next book, which thankfully, is Kalen and Mac's story! I can't wait!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Savage Awakening.

04/04/2012