Katie's Reviews > Fifty Shades Darker

Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

Sep 17, 11

bookshelves: alpha-type-hero, e-book-and-paper, ultra-rich-hero
Read in September, 2011

Fifty Shades Darker starts off immediately where Fifty Shades of Gray leaves off. Ana has left Christian after determining that she will never be a woman that could fit into his twisted world. Throughout the entire book we see a completely different side of Fifty popping out through his uber alpha-maleness, one that confuses, excites and completely upends Ana. Oh, Christian is still fifty shades of f'ed up, but he finally shows Ana how he really feels about her, and what his life would be without her. Very sweet, very touching, very not what I thought it would ever be between them.

I thoroughly enjoyed Fifty Shades Darker. Both Ana and Fifty grew as characters and when Christian reveals to Ana how he truly feels about her, and what he will be without her, I actually had to stop reading for a few minutes because my heart was in my throat. He is such an unbelievably tortured hero that you just want to wrap yourself around and protect right after he spanks you.

The only reason I gave this 4.5 stars instead of 5 is because I did like the first book a tiny bit better and that one was a 5 star read for me.

I am so happy I found this series, so happy I read it. The Fifties will be definite re-re-re-reads for me for a long time to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Darker.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Great review. How was the ending with this one, was it a cliff hanger or did it feel complete?

Katie There was a minor cliff hanger, nothing too bad though. Just a set up scene for the next book I think.

message 3: by E.L. (new)

E.L. James Hi Katie, Thank you so much for your lovely review. Glad you enjoyed it and thank you for reading. EL x