Danielle's Reviews > If You See Her

If You See Her by Shiloh Walker

Jan 18, 12

bookshelves: for-review, romance, suspense, favorites
Read from December 20 to 28, 2011

I am loving this series by Shiloh Walker. I knew with the first book that Hope would be my favorite character in this series and, unless I'm proved wrong with the next one, I hold that opinion.

If You Hear Her picks up right where If You See Her left off. Hope and Law are still in the hospital and Law is still unconscious from the attack at the end of the first book. Hope is the prime suspect because of her "mental history" that has been set in place by her bastard ex-husband.

Through the suspicion and ultimate exoneration of Hope's involvement in the attack, Remy finds himself even more fascinated with Hope (if that is even possible). Hope, of course, is suffocating with everyone trying to protect her, even as she becomes more and more aware that perhaps she needs that protection after all. We see a lot of growth in Hope as she realizes how much she has changed, and how strong she has become as an individual.

This book is a real page turner as we now see into the warped minds of two cold-blooded criminals instead of one. We learn some pretty interesting stuff about the killer from the first book. He has a fascination with Hope, but not like you would expect.

I had a few thoughts in the first book as to who the killer might be, and I narrowed my options some in this book, but there are still a handful people I think it could be. One person I think we are supposed to suspect, and that probably means it isn't him. I could be wrong though! Anyway, I'm bad about trying to figure it all out before the end. I can't wait to read the third and final book in this series. It really is a great story and I think that everyone should read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You See Her.

12/22/2011 page 35