Megan Tran's Reviews > The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

F 50x66
Sep 07, 2011

bookshelves: advisory-2011-2012
Read in July, 2011

The girl with the dragon tattoo is basically about a journalist named Mikeal Blomkvist and a young woman named Lisbeth Salander in Sweden. Mikeal gets caught up in a lawsuit against a rich and powerful company and due to the lawsuit, he is discredited and his life seems to fall apart. But during this time he is offered to do something similar to an personal investigation regarding the mystery of a disappearance in return of getting more then enough money to last him a lifetime and a chance to clear his reputation. Lisbeth, is a woman who does personal investigations for a security company and gets assigned to do a small investigation on Mikeal. Eventually she teams up with Mikeal to research this investigation.
While reading this book I thought that the overall message was to never automatically assume things. But from reading this book, I gained the idea that, before you judge something, you should at least understand it better.
From reading this book, I was only confused in the beginning. At the prologue I originally didn't understand what was going on and was confused for at least a quarter of the book. The prologue and the first chapter were completely different from each other. But as I continued the book everything started to make more sense. Overall, I thought that this book was a little confusing but very interesting since at each chapter something new and unexpected comes up.