Alex's Reviews > Definitely Dead

Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

Sep 09, 11

bookshelves: vampires, sookie-stackhouse
Read from September 07 to 09, 2011

Sookie goes to New Orleans and stirs up a billion threads of unrelated trouble. She thinks that consenting adults can have whatever sex they want but she doesn't want to hear the details, then she gives a hand job through a guy's jeans. All in a day's work.

The time flux thing particularly comes into play here because this book is based on events never disclosed within the fairly closely chronologised earlier books - as if Harris had come up with ideas for the past as she was writing this book and retconned it in.
Anyway, pretty par for the Sookie course, although her new boyfriend isn't very interesting.

On a scale of Bad Sookie to Good Sookie, I give this a "Good Sookie". (Not sure that "Superlative Sookie" exists).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Definitely Dead.

09/07/2011 page 208
62.0% "I recognise that dipping into Sookie world is the purest form of escapism, because I just look at the words on the page, laugh at Sookie's dumbness, and have a generally good time. After the disasters of the third book, Harris is improving with each volume ... but Sookie needs to accept that she's just gotta have it. From every man she meets."