Tracey's Reviews > Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye

Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria Laurie

Sep 15, 2011

bookshelves: fiction-cozy-mystery, xx-2011-reads, fiction-mystery, favorites
Read from September 13 to 15, 2011

I really enjoyed this book as I liked Abigail Cooper's personality and her reactions were more real for me than the ghostbusting series book I read.

Detective Dutch is interesting as a romantic interest and this is not going to be an easy fall into it type of relationship as there as I can see some difficulties ahead. We see Dutch go from being an initial sceptic to a somewhat believer in this book.

The actual mystery was also good as I only figured out who the murderer was close to the end. Abby's determination to find the killer was fun but I liked how it felt natural that she did want to not hang around when things really heated up and there was danger. Cat her sister is a very strong contrast to Abby and there relationship was also a fun read, I had to laugh when Cat races off to get a book where she writes down Abby's intuitions.

So overall a great new start to a new series with enough of an introduction to the main characters to want to read more. I have already started on to the 2nd book in the series as I enjoyed this so much.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye.

09/14/2011 page 245
09/14/2011 page 245
81.0% "Quite good so far! enjoying this more than the ghostbusting series. I like Abby's personality."
show 1 hidden update…