Jess's Reviews > Stygian's Honor

Stygian's Honor by Lora Leigh

Sep 07, 2011

bookshelves: 2012, lora-leigh
Read from August 15 to 16, 2012

At first I was a little confused by the beginning of the book. I kept thinking that maybe I had read this one already but then realized that Leigh chose to start the book in the same place that another book ended in. So whew, relieved!

I'm really happy with the trajectory that this book is setting for the next few books in the series. I think the last couple I enjoyed but was a little confused by what was going to happen in the overall scheme of things. I'm glad to know now that there is going to be a theme that draws the next few books together and I'm guessing that Gideon's book (which will probably be the last book in this "set") is going to just be epic.

Looking at just this book in particular I was a little less pleased. I like Stygian but I wasn't really drawn to him as a character. I didn't feel myself hoping and praying that he got a HEA, I was just kind of along for the ride. He just wasn't as compelling to me as past male characters. Now Liza was both interesting and irritating. I found her personal story fascinating but was a little annoyed with her fickle emotions towards Stygian. One minute it was "oh wow you're so sexy" and the next it was "no don't take away my independence!" Stick with one please. Don't flip flop every second. Of course, she would just "endure" the multiple mind blowing orgasms and THEN decide she didn't like him. Pain in the butt IMO.

I also figured out the mystery surrounding Honor and Fawn pretty much at the beginning of the book, so that was a little disappointing. But I really am curious as to the next parts to this story and how it is all going to end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stygian's Honor.