Bonnie's Reviews > The Oath

Sep 06, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, unforgettable
Recommended to Bonnie by: A Christian
Recommended for: Christians and Non-Christians

I made the right choice reading this around Halloween back in '09.

Back when I was younger, I remember seeing this book for the first time and was intrigued by the scary looking cover (also awesome looking), and flipped the pages in the beginning to read about a scared out of her wits woman running away from something. Mr. Perreti has some intense writing skills as he successfully portrays a most ominous setting in the mountains around this small town called Hyde River.

There was a brutal killing of a man in the Oregon mountains and his brother comes to the area looking to find answers. There is the local town filled with a bond of silence, trying to protect a secret with it having to do with more than just one killing, but notable and numerous individuals go missing over the decades.

Reading it (mostly during the bright sunlit day) still gave me the chills just turning the pages to find out what happens next.

The book had an excellent plot, characters, mystery and horror. This book also happens to be a Christian-inspiration novel and it itself made the book even better in my opinion.

I actually feel confident in recommending this book not only to other Christians, but to Non-Christians as well. If they like Stephen King, they might want to check this book as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Oath.