Camille's Reviews > The Swan Maiden

3203750
Sep 06, 2011

it was ok
Read in September, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This book started off catchy, if a bit cliche. Two mean-hearted sisters who have everything the kind, third sister wants. Good looking peasant to fall in love with. Yet, that was where the good bit ends. After that, the main character becomes a selfish brat that only thinks of herself and how she's going to prove to everyone that she's a wonderful sorceress. Sure, I could see that going somewhere interesting. Only, it doesn't go anywhere. She ends up leaving the guy that went through three torturous, impossible trials just because she thought she had to choose between him and magic. So she just leaves. No goodbyes, no explanation, she's just gone. Then, she shows up at his wedding and wants to be his again. That upset me! You can't just leave and then come back, then leave and come back at his wedding. Sure, the author made it seem okay because the brother really wanted to marry the would be fiance, but I still think it's wrong. Naturally, he forgives her and loves her again. Why? I have no idea. He said he loved her because she'd never said anything unkind to anyone, yet she breaks his heart multiple times and he still loves her back. Some of you will be saying "true love" but I say stupidity. So, yeah, I didn't really care for this book. Awesome cover, though!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Swan Maiden.