Sarah's Reviews > Of Poseidon

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Sep 06, 2011

bookshelves: cover-love, loved, own
Read from May 21 to 22, 2012

What an awesome book! I was hooked from the first chapter.
I love mermaid stories but I don't read a lot of them.

You and I would call them mermaids/mermen just don't let Galen hear you. He hates the 'M' word. To him they're Syrena.

Emma is you'r average run of the mill clumsy girl, or is she? Emma is on vacation in Florida with her best friend, Chloe, when she bumps right into (literally) the uber hot Galen. They feel a connection right away. Shortly after their little run in the unthinkable happens, Chloe is attacked by a shark. That's when Emma finds out she exhibits some not so human qualities, she can not only talk to the shark but it understand her as well!

This was such a hilarious story. I was laughing throughout the book. The characters were so funny.
Emma: I liked her, but her clumsiness made me unable to not like her
Galen: hot, funny, sarcastic, caring, totally swoon-worthy, an being a prince doesn't hurt ;)
I liked the relationship between Emma and Galen, they were so funny together with their arguing and bickering.
Rayna: Galen's twin sister, Toraf's 'mate' (wife) stubborn, she acted like a spoiled brat but it's only the first book in the series, you can't count her out just yet!
Toraf: he was funny, and sweet

The cover is beautiful. And the ending?! Ohmysweetgoodness! Such a cliffhanger ending, it makes me want to read the next book for sure!

Thank you to Feiwel & Friends and NetGalley for this copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Poseidon.

05/22/2012 page 116
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Britany (new) - added it

Britany Awesome review Sarah can't wait to read it!

Kristy that ending was killer!!!! Need #2 now :)

Sarah Thanks Britany! I so agree with you Kristy. (=

Maritza I have been wanting to read this book. Thanks for great review.