Afton's Reviews > Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of Relief Society

Daughters in My Kingdom by The Church of Jesus Christ ...

Sep 11, 11

bookshelves: religious
Read from September 06 to 11, 2011

A wonderful reference of the history of the Relief Society. I was inspired as I read what past general Relief Society presidents have focused on during their terms as president, and I especially loved learning about Zina D.H. Young who was president of the Deseret Silk Association. It says the group "raised silkworms" and she "abhorred the worms and even suffered nightmares about them, but she obediently hatched and raised them... and taught others to do the same" (pg 52). So interesting!

I also was interested to learn that at one time women who were able were encouraged to become nurses so they could attend to the sick and the needy and provide invaluable health services.

There were many inspiring teachings and I have renewed my dedication to improve myself, learn to follow the Spirit, raise my family in righteousness, and share my testimony as I participate in gospel lessons and discussions.

I certainly recommend this book to all women, not just Relief Society sisters or members of the church. It's uplifting and educational.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughters in My Kingdom.

09/06/2011 page 83
40.0% "Very inspiring and educational. I'm loving it."