Carmen DeSousa's Reviews > The Island of Whispers

The Island of Whispers by Brendan Gisby

Jul 05, 12

Read in May, 2012

A wonderful, tragic, truthful story, reminds me of "Watership Down

Imagine my surprise when I logged on to write a review and I saw that everyone else had already said the same thing I wanted to say. So, I'll summarize in just a few short words: A wonderful, tragic, truthful story, reminds me of "Watership Down".

But I will make another comment. I actually looked Brendan up on Facebook and friended him, because I wanted to know who edited his novel, as I am accustomed to finding many editing errors in Indie published books. To my surprise, he answered, "No one." So, don't be afraid to check out this Indie author; he is a great writer and storyteller.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Island of Whispers.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carmen DeSousa What a wonderful, tragic, truthful beginning to a novel. It reminds me of a book I read when I was a child, “Watership Down”, about a society of rabbits. After reading an excerpt on Writer Central http://writercentral.spruz.com/pt/The... I immediately went to Amazon and downloaded the entire novel. I can't wait to find time to finish reading.

Carmen DeSousa Finished chapter two this morning. Forget vampires and werewolves, visit the real world of rats. Wow...such descriptive writing.