Patricia BookExhibitionism's Reviews > Too Good to Be True

Too Good to Be True by Kristan Higgins

This book..

The beginning was a little slow, mostly because it was awkward. Higgins managed to make me feel what the heroine (probably) felt and it was an emotional struggle to see her baby-sister with Andrew. I'm not like Grace, more like her sister Margs (I probably shouldn't have said that..) but I still managed to understand her and relate to her problems and feelings.

'Too Good to be True' was at times a depressing book. She "sacrificed", no.. That doesn't fit. Basically she was miserable and still the first thing she did was making sure her sister was happy, when she knew that it'd make her even more unhappy. There were scenes that brought tears to my eyes. No, I didn't cry, but it was very sad to see her like that.

The romance was cute and when it finally started to become more interesting I couldn't stop reading. Cal is a nice guy. I'd have loved to see more of him, but in order to be with him Grace had to sort things out and that took time.

In this case I'm happy about the way the author 'arranged' it, the plot was very good and I have to admit that I hadn't expected to like the ending as much as I did.

For Grace to finally step up to her family, to be honest and admit what she wants or what she did in the past etc. was probably one of the best parts of the book.

Kristan Higgins is, from now on, one of my favorite authors. I loved The Next Best Thing, I loved this one and I'll make sure to read something else written by her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Good to Be True.

09/06/2011
20.0% "Is it just me or is this a little awkward and.. slow in a weird way? *scratches head*"
09/09/2011
25.0% ""I don't know which one of you is worse." BWAHAHA."
09/09/2011
27.0% "I don't think I could ever be such a sister. And it's just.. sad. He obviously felt something for her, but it wasn't enough. And still it WAS enough to have feel guilty, not enough to let the chance pass and NOT be with .. and .. and.. *sniff*"