Rachel Brand's Reviews > Buried Sins

Buried Sins by Marta Perry

I think I actually preferred this one to the first book, Hide in Plain Sight, and I could definitely tell how Marta's writing had matured since the initial novel in this trilogy. While I did have an inkling of who was behind the mystery in this one, the conclusion wasn't quite as sudden as in the first book, where the "bad guy" had given a big monologue that explained everything. The climax of Buried Sins seemed a lot more realistic and things were revealed gradually over the final chapters. Marta's definitely good at creating suspense and this was not a book that I wanted to put down, especially late at night! I'll admit that, hey, Love Inspired Suspense books aren't always entirely original and could seem a bit repetitive if you read a lot of them at once, but Marta always puts a unique spin on her romantic suspense novels. I loved the details about Caroline's jewellery and her passion for art, as well as the minor mystery surrounding the unusual quilt they found. It was nice to catch up with the rest of the Unger family again in this book. While I skipped #2 in the series I didn't feel like I'd missed out on anything as these are all technically standalone books. A very enjoyable read that kept me on my toes as I tried to figure out the mystery. Not my favourite romantic suspense novel but I'll definitely be reading more from Marta in the future, 8/10.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buried Sins.

09/10/2011