Alice's Reviews > How to Leave Twitter

How to Leave Twitter by Grace Dent

Sep 08, 11

bookshelves: ebooks
Read from September 06 to 08, 2011

Oh my, two 5/5 ratings in one week; I don't want to be perceived as easy.

But I genuinely loved this book and will be recommending it to anyone who has any kind of understanding of Twitter (read: not my mother). Oh, Grace Dent. You used to just be that person who Emma Kennedy was friends with and who tweeted all the time, but now you are that hilarious woman who has far more evolved theories on feminism than I do and who pointed out, quite rightly, that on Twitter "I feel something that I feel very rarely in the rest of the world: that my sex is 100% equally represented."

There's also "If you cold-called me and asked me to help you with your survey entitled Shit I Think About Jennifer Aniston, I would go for the box ‘I couldn’t give a fuck’ every single time."

See? You clearly want to read this book.

Because approximately five people in the United States know who she is (I'm still a bit unclear), her book's available, but only in Kindle format. And it is the low low price of $5.50! A steal if ever I saw one! Also, you know you don't need a Kindle to read Kindle books? No! You just need to download the Kindle computer app, then in between checking out that hilarious cat video (they're all cat videos), you can read a page or two. It's not staring bug-eyed at a computer, forever destroying your eyesight, as some might have you believe. It is MULTI-tasking. Different.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Leave Twitter.

09/06/2011 page 65
31.0% "I saw this mentioned in passing on a book blog and promptly bought it for my Kindle PC app. $5. Totally worth it."
09/08/2011 page 182
88.0% "I've basically been quoting this to everyone online and telling people they should read it."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael read.amazon.com