Katy's Reviews > Forever Richard

Forever Richard by Sue Dent

Sep 06, 2011

bookshelves: ebook
Recommended to Katy by: Sue Dent
Recommended for: fans of horror/vampires/werewolves/suspense
Read on March 22, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Synopsis: The saga of redemption and spiritual triumph readers enjoyed in Never Ceese continues in Forever Richard. Cassie Felts, graduate student and reluctant believer of such things as vampires and werewolves, couldn't be happier for Richard and Ceese Porter. Their curses lifted and after hundreds of years apart, they can now celebrate being brother and sister once more. Even Rodney, Cassie's college roommate and former nemesis, shares her relief. But will the faith that saved Richard and Ceese be enough to defeat the new evil that threatens them all? Cassie learns that Dr. Clayton Henderson, the corrupt stem-cell researcher, has acquired the vampire's curse and has managed to transfer it to Rodney's troubled, drug-addicted buddy Josh. Addict or vampire, Cassie can see Josh isn't handling his new cravings for blood any better than he did his old habit. Their best hope seems to be taking Josh to Richard's isolated country estate in England. There, Josh can learn to temper his desire to curse another while they try to figure out how to deal with the impossible-to-kill Dr. Henderson. Their mission becomes more complicated when they find a new vampire inhabiting Richard's castle, a malevolent werewolf stalking Ceese, and a long-lost relative who shows up carrying a sawed-off shotgun and an ancient knife he claims has supernatural powers. Will the faith that redeemed two lost souls before be enough to overcome the wicked forces that now threaten to destroy them all?

My Thoughts: The second book in the Thirsting for Blood series, this book continues the story of Richard and Ceese, while introducing new elements and problems to their already-troubled lives. This one was a quick read, much shorter than Never Ceese, yet continued the character growth begun in the first book. There was a lot of action in this book, too – and some really great characters. I liked Geoffrey a lot, and hope we’ll learn more about this enigmatic butler. I’m actually quite keen to see where Dent goes with this series. Fans of vampire lore, werewolves, and paranormal suspense/action/horror books should enjoy this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever Richard.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Y'all just please remember to only buy the Black Bed Sheet Editions of this series. I make nothing off the other editions and never have. The orange copy of Forever Richard is out of print and rights have reverted back to me. Unfortunately Book Masters flooded some to a returned-from-the-bookstore wholesaler instead of putting them back in my publisher's inventory. So frustrating. But yes ALL Black Bed Sheet Editions are fine to buy. ;D

Katy Sue wrote: "Y'all just please remember to only buy the Black Bed Sheet Editions of this series. I make nothing off the other editions and never have. The orange copy of Forever Richard is out of print and righ..."

Sorry, this was the only edition on Goodreads, but I did add the URL to the Black Bed Sheet books edition (I think??) to the book information for you.

Katy Guess that was Never Ceese I did that on - anyway, track it down through Sue Dent's website and it'll take you to where you need to go to get the best copy!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Katy Sue wrote: "Yep, yep! I changed it here on Goodreads which I thought I did already. But it's all good now!! Yay!"

I fixed the blog post to use the correct cover, too!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Because you're awesome like that! Thank you so much!

Katy Sue wrote: "Because you're awesome like that! Thank you so much!"

No worries! :-)