Brittany C's Reviews > The Old Willis Place

The Old Willis Place by Mary Downing Hahn

Sep 12, 11

Book review
I finished reading Old Willis Place. It was a very clear book to understand and everything fitted together just right. The main character is Dana and her brother Gorge and Lisa. Dana and Gorge are wild children. They don’t take any baths they don’t have any parents and they are free to do whatever they want but they have rules.
Rules:
1) Don’t talk to anyone
2) Don’t let anyone see you
3) Don’t go into old Willis place
4) Don’t leave the gate
Lisa on the other hand is the new care taker of the house. She and her dad live there while her dad is making his book. They are there so he won’t get distracted. Lisa hates it there and wants to go to school to make a friend or two. Little does she know that Diana wants a friend too and is willing to break the rules to get one. I found that this is really good for her to do that I think she is risking breaking the rules thou.
I think this is a great book for anyone who loves mystery. I loved this book so much I would read it aging some time.
The ending is relive full thrilling and amazing the only thing I didn’t like about this book is that Lisa is so pushy in the book she pushes Diana around like she is her dog and makes her do things that causes breaking the rules. I did like this book because Diana always stuck to her word and that came in handy in the end.
This book is perfect for anyone who loves mystery if you enjoy that stuff its perfect for you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Old Willis Place.