Rebecca's Reviews > Bedbugs

Bedbugs by Ben H. Winters

Sep 06, 2011

bookshelves: from-publisher, for-review
Read in September, 2011

Well, I know for a fact I will not be able to sleep with my pillow for at least a week! Shoot, I don’t even know if I can sleep in my bed tonight! The bedbugs might get me! And, let me just say right now, I have never been more thankful in my life to not have a landlord.

Bedbugs has a slow build through the first half. I was starting to wonder if the mother (Susan) wasn’t just going crazy. To me she had a pretty easy life: she sort-of worked from home, she has one three year old daughter, she has a nanny, and her husband does all the cooking. So you know I’m all about jumping into this girl's life, until it gets to about the middle of the book… then bedbugs start to appear. Let me say this now I am so scared of bedbugs!

These are not your run of the mill bedbugs. Even though that would be bad enough! Oh no. “All bedbugs are not created equal…" These are the bedbugs from hell and it will take more than an exterminator to get rid of them. If you happen to be an exterminator pray you aren’t the one called in for this job. Want to know why? Read the book.

Bedbugs had me itching, biting my nails, and checking my pillow for those little pests. Not that I’ll be using that pillow any time soon. Thanks a lot, Mr. Winters.

Happy Reading,
Rebecca
www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bedbugs.