Cary's Reviews > The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

Sep 06, 11

bookshelves: owned, favorite, 2011
Read on September 06, 2011

I was able to finish this book in one day, thanks to the poor service of NBI that I have to read this book while waiting in line to entertain myself, only to find out that my name has a hit because of my service obligation to the country as a DOST scholar so my twelve hours of waiting in line to process my clearance application resulted to waiting in vain. I had mixed-emotions while reading this one because Im starting to feel irritated because of the long hours of standing and waiting, and the same time, I felt glad because I felt the satisfaction of finishing a great book like this (and I think this is one of the few good things that happened to me today).

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is a story of the adventures of Dorothy and her dog, Toto, who were accidentally brought by a cyclone to the land of Oz. It also follows her friendship with Scarecrow, Tinman and the cowardly lion as they join her in finding her way home to Kansas.

I really find the story cute, lovable and full of lessons that it actually made my day. This is one of the classic stories that I would love to read again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Monique This is one of my most favorite books of all time. Super-duper favorite. ;)

message 2: by Cary (last edited Sep 06, 2011 08:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cary I've read the abridged version of the story before but I did not pay attention to the story well so nagyon ko lang talaga sya naappreciate. Yes, the story is so cute, and the characters are so naive but you'll learn a lot from them. I really can't help find myself smiling while reading the book..Keber sa mga taong katabi ko na nakakakita sakin na ngumingiti mag-isa haha!

K.D. Absolutely I loved the Munchkins!!!

Monique My favorite is Glenda the Good, of course. :D

jzhunagev Shame on me, I haven't read this book yet. Will make amends by hunting for the cheap 99 peso Penguin edition same as yours, Cary. :)

Cary I love the three friends of Dorothy - Scarecrow, Tinman and the Cowardly Lion..

K.D. Absolutely I loved the munchkins in the movie! I loved their song and dance.

Cary i haven't seen the movie yet.. nakatulog ata ako nun nung pinalabas sya sa GMA nung bata pa ako

K.D. Absolutely ha ha. cute yong mga characters. tapos remember "somewhere over the rainbow?"

message 10: by Cary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cary ayan kailangan ko na tuloy magdownload ng movie nito haha