Michelle (Michelle&Leslie's Book Picks)'s Reviews > Tangle of Need

Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh

Jun 13, 12

bookshelves: z2012-review, arc
Read from May 22 to 31, 2012

I loved it!!! And that teaser in the end about Kaleb finding "her." So excited to see what will happen next!! Full review to come.

6/13/2012 - Full Review:
I admit that the biggest draw of Tangle of Need for me initially was my favorite Psy-Changeling series couple Hawk and Sienna--I heard that we're going to see a lot of them in Tangle of Need and I wanted to read more about them as a couple after Kiss of Snow. I was definitely not disappointed there. Hawk and Sienna indeed got a lot of page time. I was very happy that Nalini explored their relationship further, from their mating ceremony to their everyday life as a couple to their discussions of their future. LOVE!!

But as I read on, I ended up enjoying Adria and Riaz's journey to their happily ever after too.

It didn't start out that way though because Riaz was a jerk in the beginning and Adria was a little prickly. Riaz, a lone wolf, found his intended mate too late (she's already married and happily so) and Adria's long-term relationship with a less dominant male just ended. Both has returned to the pack to heal and neither were expecting the powerful attraction that they feel for each other, which eventually grew to respect, friendship and deep affection. However, without the possibility of the mate bond (and we all know how important the mating bond is), what kind of relationship can they form? Will they have a future together? The chemistry between Adria and Riaz sizzled with great turn-up-the-fan scenes but there were also a lot of sweet moments between them that I liked just as much. I especially loved the scenes when Riaz was courting Adria and all the sweet things he did for her. Sigh.

The overarching storyline of the tension between the Psy and the Changelings and the inevitable Psy war continues here. The Arrows also get a lot of page time and we gain more insight about them. We also see a lot of the mysterious Kaleb--this novel ended Kaleb finding "her" and I cannot wait to see what will happen next with him.

Tangle of Need is the eleventh book in the Psy-Changeling series. I do not suggest you pick this book up if you have not read the earlier books as there is just too much back-story that will leave you confused. Start with book one, Slave to Sensation, and work your way to Tangle of Need. Trust me, you won't regret it. Besides the excellent writing, intricate world building, a twisty overarching plot that will keep you guessing and multidimensional characters that you will grow to care about, each novel features a hero and heroine to die for. And with each book Nalini just keeps getting better and better.

If you're following the series, you gotta pick up Tangle of Need. Some questions from the previous book were answered, there were some surprising revelations here, more clues to fuel your theories and a cliffhanger ending with Kaleb finding "her." OMG!! Who could this "her"/his heroine be? (I have theories of course!)

Written by Michelle for Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks book blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangle of Need.

05/22/2012 page 10
05/27/2012 page 216
51.0% "I went into this book mostly for Sienna and Hawke but I'm really liking Adria and Riaz's story too."