Kathleen Dixon's Reviews > Kisscut

Kisscut by Karin Slaughter

Jun 14, 14

bookshelves: crime-mystery-spy-thriller
Read from June 13 to 15, 2014

It's a combination that works well - male police detective (or such) and female medical person. Hmm .... I wonder if anyone has done / will do the reverse .... But anyway, here we are with Sara Linton, doctor and coroner in a small town, and Jeffrey Tolliver, chief of police and ex-husband of Sara. If you've read the first in this series (Blindsighted, or in fact any others, because I've read 2,3, and 4 now, but now the first), you'll have been picking up the backstory, and the author gives enough of it along the way, so you'll know that Sara and Jeffrey divorced a couple of years ago because he was playing around, but now they're dating again. There's also an ongoing story about Lena, another detective, who had an appalling experience being abducted, and is still having major problems dealing with that. And there's Sara's sister, Tessa, who is a fairly important secondary character. And Sara's uncle, in this book anyway. But not really any more that we have to remember or get to know.

The whole of this story keeps the reader engaged. There's action right from the beginning, plenty of mystery caught up in the investigation, and then some decidedly nasty stuff to give shudders. This isn't a book for the faint-hearted, but the personal engagement of the key characters and the skilled writing make a great balance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kisscut.

06/14 marked as: read