Gennie Gee's Reviews > Rarer Than Rubies

Rarer Than Rubies by E.M. Lynley

Apr 07, 2012

Read from April 04 to 07, 2012

4.5

I really enjoyed E.M. Lynley’s Rarer Than Rubies! In fact, I am a little embarrassed to admit that I liked it so much that as I saw myself nearing the end, I kept finding other things that needed to be done because I wanted to stay in the world Ms. Lynley created a little longer. (confession: this seems to be a pattern for me and books I like!)

The first main character we meet is Trent Copeland. He is a M/M romance author (penname T.J. Dallas) originally from Oklahoma, who now lives in LA. However, it seems that since the death of his partner two years ago, Trent has lived a very safe and predictable life. So predictable that his last two books have been rejected and his friends believe he needs an intervention. In a moment of weakness, Trent tells his best friend Beth to plan a vacation and she keeps it a secret until the last minute. This is how Trent finds himself landing in Bangkok, Thailand with no clue what is in store for him. Enter our second main character, handsome stranger Reed Acton.

From this point in the book, the story line moves fast and is filled with wonderful descriptions of food and culture in Bangkok and the surrounding country side. We meet some fun secondary characters, but the story really revolves around Trent and Reed. I don’t want to give anything away, but suffice it to say this story is filled with mystery, lost treasure, gangster bad guys, an intriguing hottie who keeps popping up, and a romance writer who’s stronger than he knows. This book is part travelogue, romance, and hot sex between two sexy men! If any of these appeal to you, this book’s for you!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rarer Than Rubies.