Kendra's Reviews > That Voodoo You Do

That Voodoo You Do by Jodi Redford

Sep 08, 11

Read from September 05 to 07, 2011

Favorite Quote:
“That fantasy isn’t what I really want.” She traced the line of his jaw, her eyes shimmering with moisture. “It’s you. It’s always been you.”

Review:
Jodi Redford delivers a fast-paced read packed with everything the paranormal/romance genre craves. Witches, ghosts, zombies, and of course those delectable shape-shifting familiars. Redford has an ability to transition smoothly, while keeping the flow moving without causing confusion for the reader.

The chemistry between Jemma and Griffin is earth shattering – especially after denying their feelings for so long. Yay Jemma for taking the situation in hand – you may have began a zombie apocalypse, but hey, you got your man and had some pretty apocalyptic sex too; literally.

My only complaint is that everything happens so fast! If I was faced with the many realizations thrust upon Jemma in so short a time, I would have lost my damn mind. However, the obstacles thrust upon Jemma helped keep the story alive with excitement from beginning to end.

What I loved was the light banter that continued between the characters even when faced with the dark gloom hanging overhead. Of course the hot, steamy sex didn’t hurt any either. Redford effectively left us wanting more with the epilogue of That Voodoo You Do setting up the premise of Book 2, The Seven Year Witch; Clarissa and Logan’s story. I flew through this story and cannot wait until I start Book 2.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read That Voodoo You Do.