Katy's Reviews > Troy High

Troy High by Shana Norris

Sep 05, 11

I'll be perfectly honest that I was really reluctant to read this book. I checked this out at the library because I was grabbing all the new books to read, and it sat at my house for almost four weeks (I renewed it twice). Finally, I decided I was going to read it because I have to return the book the next day. And I'm really glad I did.

OK, so I knew this was going to be a "fluff" read, and I'm a sucker for cute romantic comedies but have found that most of them were going to be a quick read-through that was entertaining but don't make a lasting impression. I thought it was going to be the case here, especially with the clique rival schools, prank war and your star-crossed lovers (or in this case possible lovers). And it paralleled the story of Helen of Troy.

Having said that, I LOVED just about every minute of this book. It grabbed me from the beginning. "It was a late Sunday afternoon when I kissed my best friend." Wow. Who starts a book like that. Talk about NOT starting off slow.

The storyline kept me entertained all the way through as Cassie struggled to fit in with the popular crowd, deal with her family and school and not being labeled a traitor, find a way to stay friends with her best friend who goes to the rival school, as well as figure out her feelings for this said friend.

I'll be honest, I shed a few tears - not The Notebook bawling your eyes out crying, but a few tears did roll down my cheeks on several occasions. And I did laugh at certain moments, and I did smile a lot.

I'm glad I did decide to read it before it makes its trip back to the library tomorrow morning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Troy High.