Scarlet's Reviews > 90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death & Life

90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper

Oct 27, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: biography, family, informational, journey, survival, chapter, life, religion, own, death
Read from September 05 to 14, 2011

I heard great things about this book and couldn't wait to read it. Saddly though I was disappointed. The book is a true book about a man that died and for 90 minutes he was in heaven and then God brought him back to life in order for him to be able to tell the story about heaven. What I found disappointing was the fact that most of the book just seemed like I was reading a sermon about salvation and that there wasn't really much about Heaven itself in the book. I mean it gave the basics of what he saw and what not, but I guess I just thought that there would be more to it than what there was.

Although I was disappointed by the book if I would have known that it was more about salvation than about Heaven itself I would have liked it more because my expectations would have been different.

I do think that the book is very inspirational and is a great book for people that are going through a struggle. I would recommend the book as an inspirational and "preachy" read, but not as a read if you want to learn more about heaven itself.

As far as for use in the classroom you could use it in a private, religious school for high school to teach about the miracles that God can do and to really get into salvation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 90 Minutes in Heaven.