Barbara's Reviews > The Water Lily Cross

The Water Lily Cross by Anthony Eglin

Sep 05, 11

bookshelves: mystery
Read on September 05, 2011

I am really enjoying this series. The main character, a retired botany professor is a character. He can go on and on about things and not care or seem to pick-up on the fact that people are getting glassy eyed with boredom or just the fact that they are overloaded with information. Yet, have someone try to bend his ear and he gets impatient. I guess it's just okay for him to talk - he apparently loves to hear himself - but don't do the same thing to him.

Despite the lack of self awareness or denial in the character, I find the stories well crafted and interesting. It is not heavy on information regarding plants and flora, so don't be worried about that. He does overstep bounds by continuing his own personal investigation into the disappearance of an old friend and misrepresenting himself as helping the police in the investigation. While these things can irritate me in a cozy mystery, these books are well crafted and interesting enough for me to overlook these faults.

Have gone on to next in the series. Hope the fun continues.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Water Lily Cross.