Megan Palasik's Reviews > The Heroine's Bookshelf: Life Lessons, from Jane Austen to Laura Ingalls Wilder

The Heroine's Bookshelf by Erin Blakemore

Sep 17, 11

bookshelves: bookclub, kindle
Read from September 05 to 16, 2011

This book was interesting, but not exactly all that I wanted it to be. It was interesting to hear the stories and background information for the authors of some classic books (some I've read and some I haven't). Reading this book made me add some of these classics to my to-be-read list. However, the chapters got a bit lengthy at times. The author has a wonderful vocabulary and used some wonderful words and insightful thoughts. Also, I enjoyed her personal touches about each heroine/author and how they have effected her life. However, sometimes it seemed as if she was just writing for the sake of writing and padding her book.

My book club read this and I would not suggest it as something to be read as a book club. There isn't a whole lot to discuss from it (besides which books you've read and haven't read). I would suggest someone to read this if they are looking for something to read for their book club.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heroine's Bookshelf.