bho's Reviews > A Job From Hell

Sep 08, 11

bookshelves: supernatural-vamps
Read from September 06 to 08, 2011

4.0-4.5 stars*

This would've been a 5 star book if it weren't for the ending - it felt rushed. That, and the character-interactions. The book started really-really well, with the heroine narrating a certain event wherein her life is being threatened, and I thought, hey it's probably like a milder version of Darkfever, but as you go on thru the book, well, it's safe to say that I was wrong.
Seventeen-year-old Amber needs money. So, she accepted her brother's proposition to take a post in Scotland. There she meets Aidan and co. With her employers peculiarity aside, her brother asked her to go treasure hunting that granted her a 'gift' she never intended to win. She starts seeing 'people' that others can't see, and is being chased by 'creatures' that was not supposed to know that exist - And so, Ambers life changed, and she must go thru this adventure and get back to what her life used to be: normal. See? The plot is interesting enough, don't get me started with the characters. It'll completely spoil the story if I introduced them, trust me, getting to know the characters is best thing that you'll discover while reading this book. We get to have vampires, shadows, Beelzebu-Cass, demigoddess and did I mention Cass? Her and her chaos-filled-lines cracks me up! The only glitch is probably the snarky comebacks/banters. I love reading witty-comebacks and humor-ridden story, it was just...'over-the-top' in this book. By the end of this book, I noticed that you could skip reading an entire page because of the banter, where Jayde Scott could've used that page to elaborate the said ending. Oh well, who am I to complain?
An Interesting plot + An interesting set of characters = Good book = Good bargain...right?

Now, let me go onto the next book. Yippee! It's about Cass!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Job From Hell.

09/06/2011
09/07/2011
75.0% "Entertaining so far, but I can't seem to take this book seriously..."