Crystal ♥ RBtWBC's Reviews > Sweet Justice

Sweet Justice by Christy Reece

Sep 26, 11

bookshelves: request-netgalley, best-of-2011, genre-romantic-suspense, rating-4-5-stars
Read from September 05 to 07, 2011

4.5 Stars

This is my first read from author Christy Reece and all I can say is; Wow, it will not be my last!

Five years ago Seth Cavanaugh gave up the only woman he has ever loved to protect her from the dangers in his life. When his niece goes missing though, him and ex-F.B.I. agent Honor Stone are thrown together again when he turns to Last Chance Rescue for help locating her.
Finding Seth’s niece and the other missing young women across the country is a priority, but can this also be a second chance at love for Seth and Honor? When Honor finds out that Seth was on a deadly undercover mission and left her to protect her, she might understand it but forgiving it is another matter.

Sweet Justice was a thrilling ride into the lives of men and women of both honor and strength who rescue those around the world who seemly have no chance. The 7th book in the LCR series is about Seth and Honor, two people who are determined to let the past rest but are unable to more forward from it. Being so far into the series I was surprised at the ease I was able to pick up this story, as I have never read anything by Christy Reece before. The story was absolutely gripping with a perfect balance of both romance and suspense. Both Honor and Seth were captivating MC’s; Honor is a strong, independent and sensitive woman while Seth is a tough, honorable and sexy alpha male determined to protect those he cares for. He has sacrificed his life, family and love for justice and doesn’t think that anyone could love the man he has had to become. But Honor shows him that he is not only a man worthy of love but so much more then what he was. The romance and reconnection between these two was heart pounding and sizzling, wrought with not only sexual tension but emotional tension as well.

Christy Reece delivers an intriguing plot with chilling villains that gave me goose bumps. This pair has cultivated an intricate, and sickening, plot to rule a cult-like community and end up being probably the vilest villains I have ever read about. The plot was well paced and the suspense intense.

All together Sweet Justice was an incredibly stirring novel and I’m curious about the rest of the Last Chance Rescue gang now!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Justice.