Faye's Reviews > A Whisper of Peace

A Whisper of Peace by Kim Vogel Sawyer

Nov 14, 11

Read from October 24 to November 14, 2011

Come along with Kim Vogel Sawyer to the beautiful land of Alaska!

Well written, in Ms. Sawyer's typical fashion, the writing instantly draws one inside the story. The Alaskan setting is beautifully done, and the characters are utterly charming though flawed.

My impression of this book, is a bit mixed. I really wanted to love everything, but I personally found certain things that didn't quite work for me. This was just one of those books where the characters who like each other, tended to pop randomly into each others' heads, and there wasn't as much interaction between the Lizzie and Clay as I would have liked.

The Athabascan children Etu and Naibi were so cute! But my favorite character ended up being Vivian, Clay's step-sister, because she was in my mind the most relatable in her vulnerability, and I wished there had been more of her story in the book. Maybe Ms. Sawyer will have to write Vivian her own book :)

Overall, this book was well written and engaging, though at times I found myself wishing things would happen faster. It wasn't my favorite by Kim Vogel Sawyer, but it was pretty good. I liked the story's premise with missionaries going to teach the Athabascan people, and the theme of forgiveness, which were both well done. A great book for Ms. Sawyer's many fans. Thanks :D

ISBN:978-0-7642-0785-3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Whisper of Peace.

11/08/2011 page 4
11/09/2011 page 30
9.0% 2 comments
11/11/2011 page 150
43.0% "Mixed feelings about this one."
show 3 hidden updates…