Giovanni Gelati's Reviews > The Pull of Gravity

The Pull of Gravity by Brett Battles

Sep 10, 11

Read from September 05 to 10, 2011

I have to admit, I was a little surprised once I started to read this. I believe I have read everything Brett Battles has written thus far, and I must say,if you are a fan of his work, this is a departure from anything he has done. Is that bad? No, how could anything this author turns out be considered anything but excellent? He really goes deep, really deep into the heart and soul of the matter in “The Pull of Gravity”. I was really drawn to the stark honesty of his characters and their quest, the brutal nakedness of their emotions and their desires.
“The Cleaner” this is not, but so what. The author has shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that his abilities transcend any genre, that good writing is good writing. My take on this is if you are looking for a read that has plenty of emotion, conflict, distress, passion, and intensity, grab this, go for the ride.
Here is the synopsis:
“From Brett Battles comes a different kind of novel, one Edgar Award nominated author Tim Hallinan calls, "a mesmerizing thriller of the heart." It's a story of love, tragedy, and those searching for redemption.
Jay Bradley thought he could leave the Philippines behind. But though he's started a new life, with a woman he loves, he's still tormented by questions from his past.
He returns to Angeles City where he once worked as the papasan watching over his bargirls. On the surface he's there to sell his stake in a bar on the notorious Fields Avenue. In reality he's come back to find Isabel--one of his old dancers, and the only person who can answer his questions, and quiet his demons.
Because death is seldom an ending, and always haunts those left behind. “

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pull of Gravity.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Lamperd It sounds an interesting book. Have downloaded a sample. Good review

Giovanni Gelati Thanks that is very kind of you.Thanks for taking the time.Tell me how you find it.